Saturday, May 19, 2012

Welcome to St George, Utah!

Very nice evening out here. We made our delivery ontime, so we rolled down here for the night. We do not have our next trip just yet, but I am sure we will by the time morning comes. :) We better be heading to our terminal for new tires, oil change, fuel filter change, safety class, get the AC tuned up, DOT inspections, and a few other things.

See everybody in the morning:) Even though the signal was pretty poor this afternoon, I recorded some HD videos for ya'll I will work on getting those ready for posting as well.

BTW, I parked where you will be able to watch the sun set on the hill in front of us, and watch the trucks roll by "parade style"! :)

5 comments:

George said...

I realize it goes against everything a trucker wants (Miles) but you are in almost the perfect area for the solar eclipse tomorrow. Looks like Cedar City would be even better.
Check out the map at: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2012May20Agoogle.html

gm from pa said...

I for one am very much appreciative for the "parking spot ya'll chose!!! Thanks and thanks for the wonderful journey for as much as I got to see of it anyway. Utah's pretty darn neat looking:)

BigRigSteve said...

Yeah, I read the St George area was perfect for the eclipse! It says about 730PM local time, not sure if we will be here or not. The other problem is I do not have the strong filter required for photographing it! I would burn out my eyes, and my camera lens/sensor if I shot directly at it.......I did read about how to lay a piece of paper on the ground and look for it that way..who knows what I can try.

Dottie said...

I agree with you Steve. I wish more folks would read the blog and leave comments.

I really have enjoyed the trip today. The terrain was so beautiful and different.
Thanks for everything you do for all of us.

And yes, thanks for the great parking spaces you always manage to find to give us such a great view!!!

Have a good night!

Ann UK said...

Good morning Thanks for the blue skies and great scenery. Have been through that way so thanks for the memories. Not sure what else you can do to direct folk to the blog. It seems as clear as you can make it.

meditation